Help The Halo Couple Make It To PAX/Halo Fest 2011

Two 3 Day Passes to PAX Prime 2011? CHECK!
A place to stay while in Seattle? CHECK!
Airline tickets to Seattle? … {insert silence here} AIRLINE TICKETS TO SEATTLE?!?! …. {insert more silence here}

PAX is quickly creeping up on us and we’re still unable to afford our plane tickets! AHHH! Normally, like last year for example, it would mean we just couldn’t go. However, this year we’re so desperate to be there, we thought we’d try asking the community for help.

Why It’s So Important For Us To Be At PAX/Halo Fest 2011

Our Love for each other stemmed from our mutual love for Halo. We might never have met, fallen in love, or gotten married had it not been for that fated day while playing Halo 2. It’s incredibly hard for us to imagine our lives without Halo. With all that being said, we’d REALLY like to be there for Halo’s 10 year anniversary celebration. We’re also incredibly eager to meet up with our gamer friends from all over the globe at PAX prime.

How Much We’ll Need

Considering we’ll need some time to raise the money, we may be purchasing the tickets only a couple of days in advance, and what we paid for 2 adult airline tickets to PAX 2009, we’ll need approximately $800.

What You Get For Donating

$1-19: A personalized mention/thank you from 3 of our twitter accounts. (@MatchMadeInHalo, @PsychoVandal, & @SickNdehed)

$20-49: The above AND you’ll be included in a special thank you post on our blog. We’ll even link back to your website, twitter page or gamertag. It’s entirely up to you!

$50-99: The above AND PsychoVandal and I will set aside time to play an hour of Halo (Halo 3, Halo ODT, or Halo:Reach) with you.

$100-249: The above but instead of 1 hour of Halo, we’ll make it 3. AND we’ll even snail mail you a handmade AMMIH pin and bookmark.

$250+: The above AND we’ll wear your company t-shirt for an ENTIRE day at PAX/Halo Fest. Limited to 6 total (2 People/Shirts, 3 Days = 6 shirts).

Airline Tickets to PAX/Halo Fest 2011

$220Raised800Target

What Happens If You Don’t Reach Your Goal?

In the event we don’t reach our goal AND we’re unable to make up the monetary difference to purchase our plane tickets, we will refund 100% of the money that was donated to us.

I’m Broke. How Else Can I Help?

Use the retweet button (at the top of this post) or one of several social networking buttons below to pass a long this link. We greatly appreciate it!

7 Comments

1. Anonymous says:
    08-11-2011 at 2:50 pm

Just so you know, “selling” a spot on your friends list is technically a violation of the Terms of Use/Code of Conduct. May want to remove that clause from the donation levels.

2. SickNdehed says:
    08-11-2011 at 3:45 pm

It wasn’t “selling” as much as it was a way of thanking donators for the help. But I’ve gone ahead and removed it just to be safe. Thanks for the heads up!

3. Shaba says:
    08-11-2011 at 8:43 pm

I’m still trying to figure out why I should care. I mean a lot of people can’t make it to PAX, other than you being in love, why should I donate my hard earned money for you to go?

Do neither of you work? I know it’s a crap economy and good jobs are scarce, but I know Applebees is always hiring. I dont mean any offense here but it seems like if you didnt have the money to get plane tickets, maybe you shouldnt have purchased PAX passes? I mean there may be a couple out there that has money to go but no passes?

4. VenomKitetsu says:
    08-11-2011 at 10:02 pm

Nobody is putting a gun to your head to donate. It’s something that anyone close to them or their community could take part in in some form or another.

Chill out.

5. Nicole says:
    08-13-2011 at 5:05 pm

I just donated! ^^ (My PayPal shows up as my mom’s name, Cindy.) It’s not much, but I’m going to try to donate more once I get my pay check next weekend. 🙂 My boyfriend and I are both gamers and college students, so we know what it’s like to want to go to conventions/events but not have the money. I hope you raise enough money to go!

6. SickNdehed says:
    08-13-2011 at 8:35 pm

Nicole thank you so much! You’re the first person to donate and every little bit counts. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate your generosity. We’re really hoping we get a chance to go. If so, we’ll be grabbing as much swag as we can and doing some contests when we return. 🙂 I look forward to seeing you around the blog. Thanks again!

7. KenRaves says:
    08-15-2011 at 12:55 pm

I have no idea what my name’ll show up as, going to be using prepaid cards, but today I’ll donate. Hope it helps!